This document, published by the Department of Health, outlines the opportunities to make value for money savings in delivering mental health services using the QIPP approach, and by promoting early intervention and prevention of mental health problems.
Areas for potential intervention include:
- early identification and intervention as soon as mental health problems emerge
- the promotion of positive mental health and prevention of mental health problems in childhood and adolescence
- the promotion of positive mental health and prevention of mental health problems in adults
- addressing the social determinants and consequences of mental healthproblems, and
- improving the quality and efficiency of current services.