This presentation published by NHS England outlines the benefits that Operational Delivery Networks will deliver in coordinating patient pathways between providers over a wide area to ensure access to specialist resources and expertise.
Provider clinicians dominate their membership, though work closely with patients and other stakeholders. In future they will be provider hosted and funded.
Benefits of ODNs
- Improved outcomes, productivity and efficiency
- Stronger collaborative provision of services
- Maintained/improved quality of care and outcomes for patients
- Opportunities for risk sharing between providers
- More accurate costing meaning resources can be used more efficiently
- Ability to adopt innovative practice quicker than in the past
- Rapid learning and development
- Improved system resilience, including major incident planning