The guide, No decision about us without us, provides practical advice for the public on how they can ensure the government’s ambition to improve mental health for all is being translated into action on the front line.
- introduces the mental health strategy, ‘No health without mental health’ and the Framework for making this a reality
- sets out which people and organisations make decisions about local mental health services
- provide information about the formal opportunities for getting involved in planning and improving mental health services across England
- outline how people can influence local decisions about mental health services or campaign for change
- signpost to sources of information about getting involved, and
- provide practical examples of influencing any involvement from people with mental health problems, and carers.
Download No decision about us without us
The guide was commissioned by the department through the mental health strategic partners programme and has been produced by the charities Rethink Mental Illness, Afiya Trust, Mind and NSUN (National Survivor User Network).