This presentation by Dr David Soodeen and Christina Gray describes work to re-design Bristol’s mental health services and care pathways in collaboration with people who use services, their carers and families.
Download Modernising Mental Health in Bristol – a case study or read it below
The new service is inclusive, locally accountable and Bristol focussed, designed to meet the diverse needs of Bristol’s population.
It aims to:
- Work with patients to promote resilience and wellbeing within service design and delivery
- Deliver high quality services regardless of age
- Consider the wider context of the patient
- Recognise and deal with safeguarding issues
- Focus on patient outcomes rather than activity (i.e. results rather than numbers)
- Eliminate ‘bounce’ – a needs led and ‘yes’ service