The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is developing new measures of national well-being to provide a fuller picture of how society is doing by supplementing existing economic, social and environmental measures.
Developing better measures of well-being is a long term programme. ONS are committed to sharing ideas and proposals widely to ensure that the measures are relevant and founded on what matters to people.
- Measuring National Well-being programme publications
- Measuring National Well-being – Review of domains and measures, 2013
- National Well-being wheel of measures, May 2013
- Personal Well-being in the UK, 2012/13
- Personal well-being in the UK
- What matters most to personal well-being? – Short story
- Measuring National Well-being – What matters most to Personal Well-being?