This framework, produced by Mazars LLP, is designed to help Clinical Commissioning Groups to know whether it is commissioning effective community mental health services.
The framework helps commissioners to:
- identify if there are improvements needed in your local community mental health services
- make decisions about the changes needed to local services (if there are any)
The framework identifies:
- key service “pivotal points”
- what you should expect from local services at each of these points, and
- the questions you need to ask and the information you should be receiving to establish whether local people are receiving an effective and efficient service.
The framework provides resources to help conduct an informed dialogue around these issues by signposting and explaining:
- the current and planned guidance
- user and carer views, and
- the research and evidence base in this area.
The framework identifies the data / information you will need and helps interpret how this may be used. It is illustrated with a sample of case studies of emerging good practice that you may wish to consider for your area.
The diagram below illustrates the framework