NHS England are seeking your views on it’s Research and Development Strategy which is open for consultation until Thursday 30th January.
Download the Research and Development Strategy
You can contribute to the strategy consultation by completing the online feedback form, downloading and posting the offline feedback form, e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via the NHS England Twitter feed on;
Sunday 19th January 1 – 2 pm
Monday 20th January 12 – 1pm
Tuesday 21st January 7 – 8pm
Thursday 23rd January 9 – 10am
The vision of the Research and Development Strategy is to:
- Support development of high quality commissioning underpinned by research and innovation,
- Support NHS England in becoming an excellent organisation by encouraging a culture that values and promotes research and innovation
- Create an evidence based decision making culture
- Ensure research undertaken or commissioned by NHS England is patient centred
- Offer every patient the opportunity to take part in research (where practical)
- Contribute to economic growth
The strategy’s aim is to:
- promote the use of research and the use of evidence obtained from high quality research,
- support the NHS outcomes framework objectives by building the evidence base,
- identify best practice to commission research that delivers benefits for patients and their families,
- support the development of evidenced based innovative practice.
There are six objectives to be delivered by 2018; these outline how NHS England will deliver to the vision, the aim and its priorities. Each objective has an associated outcome and impact highlighted.