The National Autistic Society (NAS) Autism Professional Awards 2014 recognise and reward cross-discipline professionals who are leading the way in innovative autism practice.
The Awards seek to acknowledge the outstanding contributions and achievements of individuals, teams and organisations who have demonstrated excellence, dedication and commitment to improving the lives of people with autism. There are nine awards divided into three categories.
Awards for an individual professional
The two awards in this category are:
- The Axcis Award for Achievement by an Individual Education Professional
- The Lifetime Achievement Award
The six team awards are:
- Award for Inspirational Education Provision
- Award for Outstanding Adult Services
- Award for Clinical Excellence
- Award for Innovative Family Support
- Award for Best New Technological Innovation sponsored by Network Autism
- Award for Most Creative Community Project
Autism Accreditation Excellence Award
This Award seeks to recognise accredited schools and services which are putting in exceptional levels of extra care and effort. This Award is not open to nominations. Only schools and services who have received a formal commendation during the accreditation process will be put forward as nominees for the Award.
The closing date for entries is 10 November 2013.
To find out more information about the Awards or to make a nomination please visit www.autismprofessionalsawards.org.uk