The National Autistic Society (NAS) Autism Professional Awards 2015 recognise and reward services and professionals leading the way in innovative autism practice and making a real difference to the lives of people with autism.
The Awards seek to acknowledge the outstanding contributions and achievements of individuals, teams and organisations who have demonstrated excellence, dedication and commitment to improving the lives of people with autism. There are nine awards divided into three categories.
Awards for an individual professional
The awards in this category are:
- The Axcis Award for Achievement by an Individual Education Professional
- The Lifetime Achievement Award
- Award for Outstanding Achievement by an Individual on the Autism Spectrum
- Award for Most Inspirational Volunteer
The team awards are:
- Award for Inspirational Education Provision – Primary Schools
- Award for Inspirational Education Provision – Secondary Schools and post-16 provision
- Award for Inspirational Education Provision – other education provider
- Award for Outstanding Adult Services
- Award for Clinical Excellence
- Award for Innovative Family Support
- Award for Best New Technological Innovation sponsored by Network Autism
- Award for Most Creative Community Project
Autism Accreditation Excellence Award
This Award seeks to recognise accredited schools and services which are putting in exceptional levels of extra care and effort. This Award is not open to nominations. Only schools and services who have received a formal commendation during the accreditation process will be put forward as nominees for the Award.
The closing date for entries is Friday 31st October 2014.
To find out more information about the Awards or to make a nomination please visit www.autismprofessionalsawards.org.uk