This presentation by Dr Geraldine Strathdee, National Clinical Director of Mental Health, NHS England, describes the rationale behind the establishment of the Mental Health Intelligence Network.
Geraldine advocates a new way to commission that is based on expert service user voice, public health, mental health academic, service development and improvement experts using integrated information.
She uses the London dementia case study to demonstrate how care pathway profiling can lead to commissioning based on intelligence and transformational large scale improvement.
Key questions to consider include:
- What can be gathered nationally to support local commissioning decision making
- What data sets can be linked to plan care pathway best care
- How do mental health services emulate the success stories of cancer, stroke and trauma
- How innovative collaborations have changed the face of local services
- The role of digital era and recording access